Any company is entitled to associating with LNNano to develop short and long-term R&D projects.
Projects can be financed by company’s own resources, by funding agencies to which LNNano is affiliated (e.g. Embrapii, Sibratec, BNDES, FINEP, FAPESP), by funds from thematic networks (e.g. SisNano) or by funds originated from cooperation programs endorsed by LNNano and academic and research institutions from Brazil and abroad.
Advantages of a partnership with LNNano:
- Team of researchers highly experienced to deal with the private sector, allowing the precise identification of companies’ needs;
- Innovation management policy focused on the protection of knowledge and intellectual property;
- Accuracy and agility in the preparation of contracts;
- Flexibility and autonomy for project management compared to research groups from universities or other public-private research institutions;
- Costs, fees and expenses charged in projects are very competitive compared to other public-private research institutions or universities;
- Laboratory and semi-industrial scale state-of-art articulated set of instruments for the most advanced techniques in nanotechnology;
- Networks with renowned and experienced nanotechnology science & technology institutions in Brazil and abroad;
- Support from LNNano partner laboratories at CNPEM (CTBE, LNBio, and LNLS), allowing supplementary tests and integrated projects;
- Technical support, on-the-job training and knowledge transfer to the partners throughout the project.
LNNano is a laboratory accredited by Embrapii to receive funds for special projects regarding the Development of advanced materials, of biologically active substances and of nanoproducts from biomass processing and transformation.
Companies associated with LNNano under this program have special benefits and can have up to 33% of a project supported by funds from Embrapii. For more information access: http://pages.cnpem.br/unidadeembrapii/