Academic and private sector users can contract LNNano’s facilities and equipment for the execution of high complexity services, from the advanced characterization of diverse nanotechnology products to micro and nano-fabrication services.
LNNano electronic microscopy facilities are being accreditated by ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 17025:2017 under the guidance of Modernit Project. This accreditation is scheduled for 2019 and will allow LNNano to issue Quality Certificates for specific electronic microscopy techniques. Click here if you want to know more details on our participation on Modernit Project and ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
How to request a service ?
Services must be requested exclusively by electronic means, by filling a form located at Services Request. In this form, you are required to indicate the desired analysis and to provide business information and technical information about your samples. Filling of the form is mandatory and no service will be quoted without a completed form.
Equipment / facilities / installations open for advanced characterization services (as by October 2018)
- Cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM)
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- High-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM)
- Energy-filtered transmission electron microscopy (EFTEM)
- Electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS)
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS, EDX, EDXS or XEDS)
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM)
- Laser profilometry
- Contact and non-contact atomic force microscopy (AFM)
- Scanning force microscopy (SFM)
- Kelvin probe force microscopy (KPFM)
- Magnetic force microscopy (MFM)
- Near-field scanning optical microscopy (NSOM or SNOM)
- Broadband nanoscale SNOM-based spectroscopy (Nano-FTIR)
- Darkfield optical microscopy with high-resolution hyperspectral imaging (CytoViva®)
- X-Ray Diffractometry (XRD)
- Physical testing by thermomechanical simulator (Gleeble®), which can test samples under the X-ray beam from CNPEM´s UVX synchrotron
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS)
- X-ray microtomography (Micro-CT)
Equipment / facilities / installations open for synthesis of nanomaterials and micro & nanofabrication services (as by October 2018)
- Pilot plant for biomass-sourced nanomaterials synthesis and polymeric/elastomeric nanocomposites production (scale up to 2 Kg/day of nanocomposites)
- Molecular beam epitaxy (MBE)
- Class 10.000 (ISO 7) to class 100 (ISO 5) cleanrooms
- Friction Stir Welding (FSW)
For information about the techniques listed and other equipment and facilities available at LNNano, please contact LNNano Innovation team.